Welcome to the Pogue Library.
How’s THIS for a cool gift idea?
Order any of my books; email me the receipt, along with your mailing address and the name of your lucky gift recipient. I’ll mail you an autographed “bookplate” (basically, a sticker), which you can stick inside the book to make it even more special!
That’s an especially cool idea for the holidays—since two of my best books (“How to Prepare for Climate Change” and “iPhone Unlocked”) won’t be out before Christmas. But the signed bookplate will be in your hands in plenty of time, as a special sort of IOU!
Half Price Books and Autographed Books
I have a stash of earlier editions of all my books, which I’m happy to sell you (and autograph for you!) at half the cover price. They include previous editions of:
- “OS X: The Missing Manual” (Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, etc.)
- “Windows: The Missing Manual” (Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, original Windows 10, etc.)
- “Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual” (for Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, etc.)
- “iPhone: The Missing Manual” (just tell me which model phone you have: iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, etc.)
- “iMovie & iDVD: The Missing Manual” (iMovie ’09, iMovie ’08, etc.)
- “iPhoto: The Missing Manual” (“iPhoto ’11, “iPhoto ’09, etc.)
…as well as out-of-print books like “GarageBand 2: The Missing Manual,” “PalmPilot: The Ultimate Guide,” “Macworld Mac Secrets,” and so on.
I’m also happy to autograph any book for you. That could take the form of a “bookplate” (basically a sticker) that I sign and mail to you — no charge; or, if you’d like to buy the book right from me, I’ll sign it and mail it.
If you’re interested in a half-price or autographed copy of any book, just let me know about it here! I’ll get right back to you.